Subject: RE: ECDC online courses ‘Introduction to evidence based public health (EBPH)’ - Invitation to propose participants – first deadline 3 June 2024
From: "Chief Scientist" <[email-masked]>
To: "Julia Geller" <[email-masked]>, "Natalia Kerbo" <[email-masked]>,Kärt Sõber <[email-masked]>
Cc: "TA Info" <[email-masked]>, "Natalia Kerbo" <[email-masked]>, "Helena de Carvalho Gomes" <[email-masked]>, "Rochelle Smith" <[email-masked]>, "Luciana Muresan" <[email-masked]>, "Chief Scientist" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2024 14:01:08 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

ECDC NORMAL

Dear Colleagues,

As mentioned in the previous email, we would like to kindly remind you of 
the upcoming deadline on 3 June to propose possible participants for the 
online course on "Introduction to evidence based public health (EBPH)” to be 
held on 10 - 11 June.

We have in our records the following colleagues who were proposed for 
attendance in the previous course organised on 11-12 March 2024.

Estonia - Waitlist

Name

Surname

Contact

Affiliation

Keiti

Aren

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

Maria

Vikentjeva

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

Kindly let us know if we should consider them for participation for this 
current course (up to 3), alternatively feel free to propose new names per 
the instructions outlined in our previous communication.

Note: You can find the course outline attached for your information.

Best regards,

Helena de Carvalho Gomes

Head of Section Scientific Process and Methods, Scientific Methods and 
Standards Unit

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden

Phone +46 (0)8 58 60 10 00

 <https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/> www.ecdc.europa.eu

Follow ECDC on:

 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>

 <http://twitter.com/ecdc_eu>

 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>

 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>

From: Chief Scientist
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2024 4:48 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Helena de Carvalho 
Gomes <[email-masked]>; Chief Scientist 
<[email-masked]>; Rochelle Smith 
<[email-masked]>; Luciana Muresan 
<[email-masked]>
Subject: FW: ECDC online courses ‘Introduction to evidence based public 
health (EBPH)’ - Invitation to propose participants – first deadline 3 June 
2024

Dear Colleagues,

As mentioned in the previous email, we would like to invite you to propose 
names for the upcoming online courses on "Introduction to evidence based 
public health (EBPH)”, organised by ECDC.

We have in our records the following colleagues who were proposed for 
attendance in the previous course organised on 11-12 March 2024.

Kindly let us know if we should consider them for participation for this 
current course, alternatively feel free to propose new names in the tables 
below.

Estonia - Waitlist

Name

Surname

Contact

Affiliation

Keiti

Aren

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

Maria

Vikentjeva

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

Please fill in the table(s) below and send it back to us by the indicated 
deadline.

Course 1

Date: 10 – 11 June 2024 (3.5 hours each day, total 7 hours with breaks).

Deadline to respond: 3 June 2024

Priority

Name

Email address

Institution

Job title

Short job description

1.2.

3.Waiting list

1.2.

Course 2

Date:  16 -17 September 2024 (3.5 hours each day, total 7 hours with 
breaks).

Deadline to respond: 1 September 2024

Priority

Name

Email address

Institution

Job title

Short job description

4.5.

6.Waiting list

3.4.

Best regards,

Helena de Carvalho Gomes

Head of Section Scientific Process and Methods, Scientific Methods and 
Standards Unit

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden

Phone +46 (0)8 58 60 10 00

 <https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/> www.ecdc.europa.eu

Follow ECDC on:

 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>

 <http://twitter.com/ecdc_eu>

 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>

 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>

From: Chief Scientist <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2024 2:51 PM
To: Werber Dirk <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
El-Khatib Ziad <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
christian.leonard <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; lubomira.nikolaeva.glomb 
<[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; ivanoov <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; bernard.kaic <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; sanja.kurecicfilipovic 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
coconstantinou <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; lhadjihannas 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Tyra 
Grove Krause <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Julia Geller 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Natalia 
Kerbo <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
Hannu Kiviranta <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
Anna Katz <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Bruno COIGNARD 
<[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Kassiani Mellou 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Dimitrios Paraskevis 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; hajdu.agnes 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ; Ólafur 
Guðlaugsson <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
Greg Martin <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
walter.ricciardi <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >;  <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]; Jurijs Perevoščikovs <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Geismar Jan Henning 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Ginreta 
Megelinskienė <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Jurgita Pakalniškienė 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
martine.debacker <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Borg Maria-Louise at Health 
Regulation <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
Gauci Charmaine at Health Regulation <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Melillo Tanya at Health Regulation 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Menno de Jong 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Susan van den Hof 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Forland, 
Frode <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; hanne.nokleby 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Sadkowska-Todys 
Małgorzata <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; astreinucercel 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Hudečková 
Henrieta <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Mária Avdičová 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ; Irena Klavs 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; smonge 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; lgarciasanmiguel 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
anneli.carlander <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; anders.wallensten 
<[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Julia Weber 
<[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Reinhild Strauss 
<[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Amber.litzroth 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Javiera 
Rebolledo <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Nikolay Bogdanov 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; vanya.rangelova 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
natasa.antoljak <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
branko.kolaric <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 
 >; Despo Constantinou <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Anna Papandreou 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Hana 
Orlíková <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
michaela.spackova <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Steen Ethelberg <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Rune Stensvold <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
Kärt Sõber <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
Pekka Nuorti (TAU) <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
Lotta Siira <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Agnès 
LEPOUTRE TOULEMON <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Agnès LEPOUTRE TOULEMON 
<[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Paula GARCIA-LOBATO 
<[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Raiser, Sofie 
Gillesberg <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; AlpersK 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; a.lamprou <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Kassiani Mellou <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Galgoczi Agnes <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Rezsőfi Judit 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
patricia.garvey <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
Lisa.Domegan <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
margareta.fitzgerald <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Ingrosso Loredana 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; D'ancona 
Fortunato <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Dzintars Mozgis 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Geismar 
Jan Henning <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
Jurgita Pakalniškienė <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Ginreta Megelinskienė 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Joël 
Mossong <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Borg 
Maria-Louise at Health Regulation <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Gauci Charmaine at Health Regulation 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Melillo Tanya at 
Health Regulation <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
Margreet te Wierik <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Susan Hahne <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; hilde.klovstad <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Ettore Amato <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; dorotac <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Sadkowska-Todys Małgorzata 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; pnogueira 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
André Peralta Santos <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Alina Zaharia 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Adriana 
Pistol <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Andrea 
Kološová <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
Hudečková Henrieta <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; veronika.ucakar 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Irena Klavs 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; zherrador 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Silvia 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Emmi Andersson 
<[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Moa.Rehn 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 
 >
Cc: NC_CCB_Austria <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; sigrid.kiermayr 
<[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; koen.blot 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> ; Zhivka Getsova <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Iva Christova <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; kcapak <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; bernard.kaic <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Elisavet Constantinou 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ; Hana Orlíková 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Kamilla Grønborg Laut 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Stine Ulendorf Jacobsen <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Kärt Sõber <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> ; Natalia Kerbo <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Otto Helve <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Savolainen-Kopra Carita 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
Paula GARCIA-LOBATO <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Anne-Catherine VISO 
<[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> ; Rexroth, Ute <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; AnderHeidenMa <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Theodora Kalomama <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Dimitrios Paraskevis 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Christakis 
Chatzichristodoulou <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> ; phc.office <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Rezsőfi Judit <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Guðrún Aspelund - Landl 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
Greg Martin <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Kate 
Loughnane <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
patricia.garvey <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
Louise Cullen <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
Lisa.Domegan <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Aine 
Grace <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Francesco Maraglino 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Antra Bormane 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Dehler 
Silvia, Dr. med. <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
Jurgita Pakalniškienė <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; greta.gargasiene 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Jurgita 
Pakalniškienė <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Jean-Claude Schmit 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
Gauci Charmaine at Health Regulation <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Hester.de.Melker 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Susan van den 
Hof <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
Macdonald, Emily Ann <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Heidi Lange <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Zacharczuk Katarzyna <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Mariana Ferreira 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 
 >; Pedro Licinio Pinto Leite <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> ; André Peralta Santos 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
Adriana Pistol <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; ecdc 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; jan.mikas <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ; 
Marta.vitek <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Fernando 
Simón Soria <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> ; 
[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> ; Agneta Falk Filipsson 
<[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Sara Bengtsson 
<[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; birgitta.lesko 
<[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; anette.richardson 
<[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Helena de Carvalho 
Gomes <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
Chief Scientist <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Luciana Muresan 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; 
Rochelle Smith <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >
Subject: ECDC online courses ‘Introduction to evidence based public health 
(EBPH)’ - Invitation to propose participants – first deadline 3 June 2024

ECDC NORMAL

To: NFPs for scientific advice coordination (members and alternates), NFPs 
for public health training (members and alternates)

Cc: National Coordinator Competent Bodies (members and alternates)

Dear Colleagues,

Following the two very successful trainings organised by ECDC on evidence 
based public health (EBPH) at the beginning of this year, and the high 
demand for attendance, we are pleased to announce that we are able to offer 
additional courses in 2024:

*	One 4-day in person course ‘Methods and tools for evidence-based public 
health with a focus on infectious disease epidemiology, prevention, and 
control’, 4 consecutive days at ECDC premises (free of charge but note that 
ECDC is not covering travel and accommodation costs of participants)

*	24-27 September 2024 (up to 20 participants)

Note that we will send out a separate invitation for the in-person workshop.

*	Two online instructor-led short courses ‘Introduction to evidence-based 
public health (EBPH), 2x 3.5 hours on two consecutive days (free of charge)

*	10-11 June 2024 (up to 40 participants)
*	16-17 September 2024 (up to 40 participants)

With the shorter online course format, we aim to give the opportunity to a 
larger number of colleagues in the Member States to attend. Participants of 
the online courses will get a basic understanding of key terms and concepts 
of evidence-based public health and evidence-informed decision-making.

With this message, we would like to invite the National Focal Points to 
propose possible participants for the two 2024 online courses.

Each country is invited to propose up to three names (see the tables below) 
and rank the proposed names in the order of priority. Two more names can be 
proposed which will be placed on a waiting list.

Kindly note that the number of spaces is restricted and therefore we will 
apply a combination of first come-first served with a ceiling by country, to 
allow as many countries as possible to have at least one participant in each 
course. Therefore, depending on the number of requests received, we might be 
forced to accept less than three participants per country.

NOTE for the following countries: Austria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, 
France, Ireland, Italy, Malta, Portugal, Spain.

Please do not propose any names following this email, as we will be 
contacting you shortly with a separate email regarding your proposals. The 
reason for this is because we are already having a list of possible 
participants proposed by your country, that were placed on a waiting list 
from the last course.

Please fill in the table(s) below and send it back to us by the indicated 
deadline.

Online Course 1

Date: 10 – 11 June 2024 (3.5 hours each day, total 7 hours with breaks).

Deadline to respond: 3 June 2024

Priority

Name

Email address

Institution

Job title

Short job description

1.2.

3.Waiting list

1.2.

Online Course 2

Date:  16 -17 September 2024 (3.5 hours each day, total 7 hours with 
breaks).

Deadline to respond: 2 September 2024

Priority

Name

Email address

Institution

Job title

Short job description

4.5.

6.Waiting list

3.4.

We are looking forward to hearing back from you and please don’t hesitate to 
be in touch with us for any questions you might have.

Best regards,

Helena de Carvalho Gomes

Head of Section Scientific Process and Methods, Scientific Methods and 
Standards Unit

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden

Phone +46 (0)8 58 60 10 00

 <https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/> www.ecdc.europa.eu

Follow ECDC on:

 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>

 <http://twitter.com/ecdc_eu>

 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>

 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.